Lendahand is the proud winner of IEX's 'Crowdfunding Platform of the Year' for the past two years. We are an ambitious and fast-growing crowdfunding platform for impact investing. Our office is located right in the heart of Rotterdam, the liveliest city in the Netherlands.
Our website empowers investors to fight poverty by funding companies and entrepreneurs in emerging markets. Our crowd has made investments in over 20 countries such as Uganda, Mozambique, Georgia, Colombia, and many renewable energy companies, mostly in Sub-Sahara Africa.
Lendahand was started in 2013 in the lobby of a hotel in Utrecht. At that time, we were excited when we first raised €10,000 in a single month. Today, we usually raise over €2,500,000 per month, and we expect to continue this steep growth curve, which we expect to translate into at least €35 million in new investments in 2020.
Our team currently consists of 18 people. We are a happy and diverse mix of financial professionals, lawyers, marketers, designers, and developers from 8 different countries. Currently, we are looking for:
We do not work with recruitment agencies; acquisition based on these vacancies is not appreciated.
In June 2017 we brought the development of our platform in-house. Since then we have made great leaps in modernizing and building our platform.
We have an up-to-date stack with high test coverage, Sharp focus on quality, CD, modern monitoring and logging tools.
Exciting work is in store such as improving our front-end user interface, improving the speed and simplicity of our website, and helping us continue being the #1 Crowdfunding Platform in the Netherlands.
We have always been flexible with working from home and in current times moreso. However, we do consider the position to be at our office in Rotterdam.
What we are looking for
- Deep expertise in web markup including HTML5, CSS3.
- You’re familiar with a wide range of paradigms including functional and object oriented programming, and how these are evolving in the front end space.
- You can approach existing code base from a new perspective, really getting down to the root of the problem as opposed to simply patching it up.
- You are a team player who enjoys working with others, including designers, project managers, and backend developers, all to accomplish goals with a company-first mindset.
- Working knowledge of RESTful APIs and how to consume them.
- You understand that it’s not always about fixing and are able to make changes based on your deep understanding of our product, refactoring where necessary and developing what’s important.
- You write both testable code and the accompanying tests. You’re well-versed in TDD.
- You’re able to emphasize the importance of thinking before you code and reflecting upon your decisions and actions.
What we offer
- Work in a small team, your voice and work matters.
- Cash salary: Slightly below market, but compensated by a competitive stock options package.
- A company laptop
- Great office space in the city center of Rotterdam but also a work from home friendly culture.
- Yearly educational budget to be allocated by you.
- The option of a 32-hour week.
- A fun and flexible environment fostering continuous learning and growth.