Lendahand is the proud winner of IEX's 'Crowdfunding Platform of the Year' for the past two years. We are an ambitious and fast-growing crowdfunding platform for impact investing. Our office is located right in the heart of Rotterdam, the liveliest city in the Netherlands.
Our website allows investors to fight poverty by funding companies and entrepreneurs in developing countries. Our crowd has made investments in over 20 emerging markets such as Uganda, Mozambique, Georgia, Colombia, and many renewable energy companies, mostly in Sub-Sahara Africa.
Lendahand was started in 2013 in the lobby of a hotel in Utrecht. At that time, we were excited when we first raised €10,000 in a single month. Today, we usually raise over €2,500,000 per month, and we expect to continue this steep growth curve, which we expect to translate into at least €35 million in new investments in 2020.
Our team currently consists of 16 people. We are a happy and diverse mix of financial professionals, lawyers, marketers, designers, and developers from 7 different countries. Currently, we are looking for:
We do not work with recruitment agencies; acquisition based on these vacancies is not appreciated.
distance_of_time_in_words_to_now("June 2017") ago we brought the development of our platform in-house. Since then we have made great leaps in modernizing and building our platform. We have plenty of ideas and opportunities for which we need your help to realize.
We have an up-to-date stack with high test coverage, Sharp focus on quality, CD, modern monitoring and logging tools.
You will work most of the time in our office in Rotterdam, but we do offer the flexibility to work from home.
What we offer
- Work in a small team, your voice and work matter
- Compensation: Slightly below-market cash compensation (we are a scale-up) but generous stock options
- Annual educational budget allocated by you
- Branch out into growth, finance, UX, design, containerization, crypto if that's where your interests lie
- A fun and flexible work environment with opportunities for growth
- A real opportunitey to change the world for the better
What we are looking for
- Understanding fundamentals of domain-driven design
- Strong knowledge of Ruby on and off Rails (or experience with another language and willing to learn)
- Curious and like to keep up with current web technologies
- You take pride your code and take ownership once it runs on production (which will be very fast after merging your PR)
- The job will be backend heavy but any front end experience and affinity is a plus
- Experience with containers (Docker, Kubernetes) is a plus.
Agri Specialist Consultant
Lendahand is actively seeking resumes from consultants interested in a two-day assignment linked to an assessment of an agribusiness project in Rwanda (more assignments could be provided in the future to the selected candidate).
Tasks and duties will include:
- Provide local expertise about the agribusiness market and players in Rwanda
- Review of an investment proposal into an agribusiness project in Rwanda, leveraging the knowledge of local/regional network, network, and dynamics in the sector
- List any relevant attention points or recommendations to the Investment Committee
- Three or more years of experience implementing agricultural productivity, agribusiness investments and/or value chain programs
- Deep knowledge of the agribusiness market in Rwanda and the region
- Familiarity with corporate due diligence and best practices
- Broad understanding of the development finance and impact investing field
- Experience with agri-finance is highly desired
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- University degree in agriculture, accounting, business, finance or a related field; advanced degree is desirable.