Lendahand is the proud winner of IEX's 'Crowdfunding Platform of the Year' for the past two years. We are an ambitious and fast-growing crowdfunding platform for impact investing. Our office is located right in the heart of Rotterdam, the liveliest city in the Netherlands.
Our website empowers investors to fight poverty by funding companies and entrepreneurs in emerging markets. Our crowd has made investments in over 20 countries such as Uganda, Mozambique, Georgia, Colombia, and many renewable energy companies, mostly in Sub-Sahara Africa.
Lendahand was started in 2013 in the lobby of a hotel in Utrecht. At that time, we were excited when we first raised €10,000 in a single month. Today, we usually raise over €2,500,000 per month, and we expect to continue this steep growth curve, which we expect to translate into at least €40 million in new investments in 2021.
Our team currently consists of 20 people. We are a happy and diverse mix of financial professionals, lawyers, marketers, designers, and developers from 9 different countries. Currently, we are looking for:
Experienced Ruby Developer
In June 2017 we brought the development of our platform in-house. Since then we have made great leaps in modernizing and building our platform. We develop mostly using Ruby on Rails and deploy our stack to AWS using Kubernetes.
We have an up-to-date stack with high test coverage, Sharp focus on quality, continuous deployment and modern monitoring and logging tools.
Exciting and challenging work is in store for us as our application is evolving from a single platform to an api-backed multi-platform solution.
We have always been flexible with working from home and in current times moreso. However, we do consider the position to be at our office in Rotterdam.
What we are looking for:
- You have a minimum of five years of experience as a professional software developer. A strong understanding of Ruby and Ruby on Rails is ideal, but we accept that most skills are transferable between frameworks and languages.
- You have solid knowledge of RESTful API’s.
- Previous experience with AWS, Docker and Kubernetes.
- You’re well-versed with Test-Driven Development. You write testable code and tests.
- You are happy to think through problems and chat with other developers to come up with the best solution to a coding problem.
- You are a team player and enjoy working with others, including designers, project managers and other stakeholders.
- You’re open to learn about many different aspects of our business.
- You’re excited about Lendahand’s mission and align with our values.
- You’re fluent in English.
Optionally you have:
- Some technical familiarity with fintech, crowdfunding and payment providers.
- Familiarity with agile development and scrum.
What you will be working on:
- We are currently in the process of whitelabelling parts of our application. This involves migrating and optimizing code to support use by multiple OAuth applications through our RESTful API. Your experience with software architecture design and API development will be invaluable.
- There is always ongoing development work for new features and UX improvements to our website, both on our user-facing frontend and our backoffice management application.
What we offer:
- Work in a small team, your voice and work matters.
- A fairly flat company structure. You can chat with anyone in the company.
- Slightly below market, but compensated by a competitive stock options package.
- A company laptop.
- A work-from-home budget which you can spend on a desk, screen, chair or whatever makes your WFH setup better.
- Great office space in the city center of Rotterdam but also a work from home friendly culture.
- Yearly education budget to be allocated by you.
- The option of a 32-hour week.
- A fun and flexible environment fostering continuous learning and growth.