Spartan is a alternative funder and NBFI [Non-Bank Finance Institution] that focuses on financing SMEs in South Africa.
Based in Johannesburg, Spartan offers 3 categories of financing for Small & Medium Businesses to support their growth. These 3 categories are:
- Working Capital Finance
- Specialised Asset Finance
- Growth Finance
These finance options address the majority of SMEs’ finance needs - that are not usually met by traditional funders.
Working Capital Finance is offered via Bridging Finance [1-3 month revolving facility] or Medium-Term Loan [6-12 month term] mechanisms - both being solutions that assist businesses with solving growth related cash flow challenges e.g. periodic large contracts or projects that are either short or long term in nature.
Specialised Asset Finance [24-60 months term] is offered for acquiring any type of tangible or intangible asset or equipment to be utilized in productive growth - and where traditional funders are uncomfortable with the nature of these items. Some examples include:
- Machinery Finance for all machinery types e.g. manufacturing, warehousing, agro-processing, mining support, construction, engineering, etc
- Technology Finance, Software Finance and any innovative technology driven item
- Fit-Out Finance for fitting out building interiors
- Logistics vehicles and Yellow Metal equipment
Growth Finance [24-60 months term] is offered for expansion initiatives that required a structured finance solution with a combination of the above finance mechanisms.
Spartan is focussed on SMEs in a growth context and not a start-up nor distress context.