Given the current situation regarding COVID-19, there is increased uncertainty. Although Phillip Bank is in good shape and agreements have only recently been made with regard to interest and maturities, it is wise to be careful with your investments.
Phillip Bank Plc is a member of PhillipCapital, an integrated Asian financial house based in Singapore, but operational in 15 countries, including offices in Australia, Cambodia, China (and Hong Kong SAR), France, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Turkey, UK, UAE, USA and Vietnam.
Phillip Bank Plc commenced business in Cambodia in 2009. In 2019, they merged with Lendahand's partner Kredit (an MFI focused providing financial services and training to low-income earners).
Information document issuing entity (NL)
Information note issuing entitiy (BE)
With this investment Phillip Bank will be able to finance the following 7 entrepreneurs:
- Vorn Phal is a farmer growing cashew nuts and cassava for 3 years to make an income for his family. He would like a loan from Phillip Bank Plc, to expand his farm. Vorn Phal is asking for a loan of 10,000 US to purchase more farmland
- Sreynich Sum runs a transport rental service at Bati in Phnom Penh City. She is seeking a loan of 12,000 US to purchase a new truck
- Soklim Mou is a car seller in Phnom Penh City. He is requesting a loan of 20,000US to increase his working capital requirement
- Ath In is a souvenir seller at a popular place in Pub Street at Seim Reap Province. She is asking a loan of 10,500 US to increase her stock
- Chhouk Khem is has a rental room service in Takeo Province. She needs a loan of 12,000 US from Phillip Bank Plc. to build the new rooms and increase her working capital
- Choeurn Savat needs a loan of 20,000 US to start a new business of Wing agent to perform a service such as money transfer and cash withdrawal in her community
- Sreyvi Phorn has a transport rental service at Kampong Chhnang Province. She is seeking a loan of 20,000 US to purchase a new truck.