Lendahand is the proud winner of IEX's 'Crowdfunding Platform of the Year' for the past two years. We are an ambitious and fast-growing crowdfunding platform for impact investing. Our office is located right in the heart of Rotterdam, the liveliest city in the Netherlands.
Our website allows investors to fight poverty by funding companies and entrepreneurs in developing countries. Our crowd has made investments in over 20 emerging markets such as Uganda, Mozambique, Georgia, Colombia, and many renewable energy companies, mostly in Sub-Sahara Africa.
Lendahand was started in 2013 in the lobby of a hotel in Utrecht. At that time, we were excited when we first raised €10,000 in a single month. Today, we usually raise over €2,500,000 per month, and we expect to continue this steep growth curve, which we expect to translate into at least €35 million in new investments in 2020.
Our team currently consists of 16 people. We are a happy and diverse mix of financial professionals, lawyers, marketers, designers, and developers from 7 different countries. Currently, we are looking for:
We do not work with recruitment agencies; acquisition based on these vacancies is not appreciated.
distance_of_time_in_words_to_now("June 2017") ago we brought the development of our platform in-house. Since then we have made great leaps in modernizing and building our platform. We have plenty of ideas and opportunities for which we need your help to realize.
We have an up-to-date stack with high test coverage, Sharp focus on quality, CD, modern monitoring and logging tools.
You will work most of the time in our office in Rotterdam, but we do offer the flexibility to work from home.
What we offer
- Work in a small team, your voice and work matter
- Compensation: Slightly below-market cash compensation (we are a scale-up) but generous stock options
- Annual educational budget allocated by you
- Branch out into growth, finance, UX, design, containerization, crypto if that's where your interests lie
- A fun and flexible work environment with opportunities for growth
- A real opportunitey to change the world for the better
What we are looking for
- Understanding fundamentals of domain-driven design
- Strong knowledge of Ruby on and off Rails (or experience with another language and willing to learn)
- Curious and like to keep up with current web technologies
- You take pride your code and take ownership once it runs on production (which will be very fast after merging your PR)
- The job will be backend heavy but any front end experience and affinity is a plus
- Experience with containers (Docker, Kubernetes) is a plus.
Investment Analyst (full-time)
At the moment the Impact Investment Team consists of 5 FTE and is in need of a new team member as the portfolio is increasing rapidly.
Tasks and duties will include:
- Gain in-depth knowledge on investing across different sectors in emerging markets, such as financial institutions, renewable energy, and affordable housing
- Identify global debt investment opportunities with different risk/return profiles, where you will focus on the energy side of the portfolio
- Perform (local) due diligence, write investment memos, present to the Investment Committee
- Monitor and manage the investment portfolio
- Provide operational support
- Assist investees in executing FX hedging strategies
- Determine the investment strategy together with the team
- University-level master’s degree in anything (from financial engineering to anthropology)
- A drive and naivety to want to change the world
- Entrepreneurial and ambitious (you won’t survive here otherwise)
- Max 2 years of experience in impact investing (preferably in emerging markets) and/or financial analysis & modeling (renewable energy experience is a plus)
- Strong numeric, analytical & problem-solving skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English (French is a plus)
- Comfortable with working under uncertainty (basically ‘organized chaos’)
- Willing to travel frequently
- As energy will be your focus area, you’ll spend a significant amount of time in Oxford, UK with our Energise Africa team
- Local due diligence visits, mainly in Africa, are part of the job
- Cash salary: in line with social ventures, not the jackpot but certainly sufficient for loads of coffee and avocados!
- A very interesting stock option package
- A dynamic environment with a steep learning curve
- Change the world, nothing less