Position: Senior Investment Manager
Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands (hybrid)
Start date: February 1st, 2023 (tbd)
Impact Investing is your thing? Our open Senior Investment manager position might just be the next step on your career path. Read on and apply to join our investment team today!
Lendahand is a social FinTech company, based in Rotterdam, Netherlands. We are part of the B Corp community and have won numerous awards (e.g. 3x Best crowdfunding platform in the Netherlands). We operate a digital impact investing platform that allows everyday investors to contribute to a better world using their money. Through our platform people create a positive impact in developing countries like Kenya and Indonesia, while earning a decent financial return. See for yourself at Lendahand.com.
Surprised we don’t wear suits? We are here to rethink the banking and investment management landscape. In fact, we have found product/market fit and are now in the scale up phase — all without wearing a tie! Our objective is to go from €150mio in amount lent, to €1 billion in the next few years. We are active in the Netherlands, France, Belgium, and the UK. Other countries will follow shortly. It helps that we are one of the happy few to have obtained a license as a European Crowdfunding Service Provider. We are also ‘full-stack’ and do everything ourselves: from investments through ops to marketing. We use Ruby on Rails and deploy our stack to AWS.
The secret sauce to our success? We have assembled a great team of people with diverse backgrounds and ideas of how the future should look like, while all sharing the same mission: To fight poverty and create more wealth in developing countries! Together we form a dynamic and high-performing team that gets things done and is having fun doing it. Curious? Let’s talk about how you could join us!
What You Will Do:
At the moment the Investment Team consists of 8 people and is looking for a new Investment Manager.
A snapshot of the activities you can expect to be engaged in:
- Take a leading role in sourcing and originating opportunities across the globe in different sectors, including renewable energy, agriculture and financial inclusion
- Perform due diligence, negotiate term sheets, present cases to the Investment Committee, and structure transactions.
- Collaborate with investment advisors, peer lenders, etc. to source new transactions
- Represent Lendahand at international investment events
- Do "investee marketing”, i.e. boosting Lendahand awareness amongst potential investees
- Cooperate in product development (de-risking, investment vehicles, etc)
- Support our data/algo team in designing new innovative ways of making investment decisions, including working out new scorecard models
- Support our increased efforts to finance more women-owned businesses
Lendahand is a small company, so don’t be surprised if your help is at times needed for financial strategy, capital raises, marketing (data analysis) or other areas.
What You Bring In:
- Shared Mission: You have that drive and naivety to want to change the world with us!
- Entrepreneurial Thinker: You are ambitious and comfortable with working under uncertainty
- Impact Investing Experience: 5-7 years of experience in impact investing (debt or equity) in emerging markets
- Relevant Industry Experience: You have worked in renewable energy or climate finance (that’s a huge plus)
- Solid Foundation: University-level degree in anything (from financial engineering to anthropology)
- Analytical Mind: You love numbers and possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Great Negotiator: You are cooperative, empathetic and get the deals closed
- Proactive Communicator: You communicate openly, quickly and are a great presenter, too.
- Language Skills: You are fluent in English. Fluency in Spanish and other languages is a big plus
- Work Around the Globe: Willing to do frequent international travel (global emerging/frontier markets and European countries)
- Plus: tech-savvy & proven experience with data-driven investment decisions
What You Get:
- The Team: An exciting environment with a steep learning curve and loads of responsibilities and opportunities. Let’s grow together and get things done with us!
- Flexibility: We are all professionals and respect each other’s way of getting things done. If that’s in your home-office or with us in our Rotterdam office, that’s up to you. (Working from abroad is also possible for a certain period of time.)
- Compensation: As a social enterprise in its scale-up phase, we still pay ‘below market’. Until we catch up, we’re happy to offer great stock option packages with your cash salary. Speaking of, we aim here for a (full-time) salary of 40-50k.
- Yearly Personal Growth Budget: Keep learning all skills and things you need now and in the future. Think workshops, courses and coaching options.
- The Office: A great, open office space in the heart of Rotterdam with great coffee, a full fridge and a ping pong table.
- Travel Expenses: Not everybody gets to live in the beautiful city of Rotterdam, so if you don’t, we cover your commuting expenses.
- Dutch Lessons: New to the land of cheese? Join our Dutch lessons and order your after-work beer like a local.
- The details: We offer a pension scheme, 25 vacation days (based on full-time employment) and all the tech hardware needed for your best working days with us.
- Real Impact: Change the world with us, nothing less!
How and when to apply:
Only candidates who have submitted their CV and cover letter on or before 15 January 2023 to the email address below will be considered.