Start date: (Ideally) January 1st, 2023
Location: Rotterdam, the Netherlands
Lendahand is a mission-driven fintech. We are part of the B Corp community and have won numerous awards (e.g. 3x Best crowdfunding platform in the Netherlands). We operate a digital impact investing platform that allows everyday investors to contribute to a better world using their money. Through our platform people create positive impact in developing countries like Kenya and Indonesia, while earning a decent financial return. See for yourself at Lendahand.com.
Lendahand has found product/market fit and is in the scale up phase. Our objective is to go from €150mio in amount lent, to €1 billion in the next few years. We are active in the Netherlands, France, Belgium, and the UK. Other countries will follow shortly. It helps that we are one of the happy few to have obtained a licence as a European Crowdfunding Service Provider.
We are ‘full-stack’ and do everything ourselves: from investments through ops to marketing. We use Ruby on Rails and deploy our stack to AWS.
There is no secret sauce to our success: we have assembled a team of people with diverse backgrounds and ideas of how the future should look, while all sharing the same mission. In our case, that is to fight poverty in developing countries in a
kick-ass smart way! Together we form a dynamic and high-performing team that gets things done and is having fun doing it.
What we look for:
The company is growing in number of transactions, countries we invest or are active in, and in complexity in general. Therefore we have created a brand new and very exciting role for someone that is able to marry a business mindset with technological expertise. Yes - you are the tech-savvy person that will keep us ahead of the game.
You will be responsible for:
- leading our efforts in providing the best possible product and user experience to the crowd investors and borrowing companies (reflected in increased conversion and retention rates)
- continuously improving operational processes. We strive for operational excellence
- growing the crowd-investor base together with our marketing team
- making executive decisions regarding the IT infrastructure
- successful integrations and migrations as a result of our M&A activities
- leading our Development, Product, Data Solutions and Growth teams, as part of the management team (aka Board)
- A drive and naivety to want to change the world
- The ability to manage change, foster teamwork, and build collaborative relationships
- Relentless customer orientation
- A conceptual thinker that takes initiative
- Deep knowledge and skill in developing a B2C product
- Using your relevant technical experience, you can identify when a situation calls for a technical solution or an operational adjustment/improvement
- 10+ years of experience, ideally in a similar role
- English fluency and preferably proficiency in Dutch
- Cash Salary: this is where it may sting a bit. As a social enterprise in its scale-up phase, the cash pay is below market. For this position the expected cash remuneration is EUR 65-70k p.a.
- Stock options: this is where we cheer you up. You will be offered stock options to participate in the success of our company
- An exciting environment with loads of responsibilities and ownership
- A great office space in the city centre of Rotterdam but also a work from home friendly culture
- Pension scheme: yes. Education budget: yes. Laptop: yes. Reimbursement for commuting: yes. Free lunch: it does exist!
- Change the world, nothing less
How and when to apply:
Only candidates who have submitted their CV and cover letter on or before 30 October 2022 to the email address below will be considered.
Function: Intern within solutions team at Lendahand
Place of work: Eendrachtsplein 3, Rotterdam, Netherlands
Period: 6 months minimum (starting date: rolling application)
Days per week: full-time
- Lendahand is a crowdfunding platform based in the Netherlands that fights poverty on global level by facilitating crowd investments in people and businesses.
- To date, Lendahand has facilitated the investment of more than EUR 150m in various sectors such as solar energy, financial inclusion and agriculture. The current portfolio includes projects in Latin America, Sub-Saharan Africa, Central and South-Eastern Asia. These investments are estimated to have created almost 10k new jobs and currently reducing more than 200k tonnes of CO2 per year.
- The financing gap to accomplish the UN SDG goals is still very wide. The ambition of Lendahand is to reduce this gap, one investment at the time. In order to do so, the company needs to keep growing its investments horizon while becoming more efficient in its operations.
An internship offers students, apprentices and starters on the labour market the opportunity to learn and gain experience in a working environment. The activities are of an ancillary nature, focus is on learning. The learning objective of this internship will be agreed with the candidate and can include:
- Finding synergies between existing and untapped data, to scope innovative products for the retail crowdfunding market, including a combination of low code and programming tools.
- Development and improvement of new and existing dashboards and reporting methods to showcase Lendahand’s objectives to increase its percentage of Women-Owned businesses in its portfolio through analytical tools such as Power-Bi or similar.
- Market scoping and assessment of new third party tools to improve the speed of the investments and operations processes at Lendahand, to facilitate faster lending towards (women-owned) businesses.
- Research on women-owned businesses in emerging markets. The research can involve scoping the market for potential investments, gathering relevant impact statistics, comparing the performance of a selection of companies with the market average, as well as preparing investment materials for a potential transaction.
- Being on the penultimate year of a BSc/MSc degree or having finished a BSc/MSc degree within the last 12 months of the starting date of the internship
- Strong numeric, analytical & problem-solving skills
- Experience in data analytics and/or ML tools such as pandas, NumPy and Scikit-learn
- Having an interest in the field of finance and an entrepreneurial mentality
- Committed, determined with sharp enthusiasm, drive, and a desire to excel
- Interest in poverty reduction and the potential for double-bottom line benefits (in financial as well as social terms)
Benefits: Approx. 500 euros per month (including holiday pay. Daily travel expenses will be reimbursed)
Contact information: Adriaan Schiphorst; +316 2867 9113; email@example.com