Lendahand is the proud winner of IEX's 'Crowdfunding Platform of the Year' for the past two years. We are an ambitious and fast-growing crowdfunding platform for impact investing. Our office is located right in the heart of Rotterdam, the liveliest city in the Netherlands.
Our website empowers investors to fight poverty by funding companies and entrepreneurs in emerging markets. Our crowd has made investments in over 20 countries such as Uganda, Mozambique, Georgia, Colombia, and many renewable energy companies, mostly in Sub-Sahara Africa.
Lendahand was started in 2013 in the lobby of a hotel in Utrecht. At that time, we were excited when we first raised €10,000 in a single month. Today, we usually raise over €2,500,000 per month, and we expect to continue this steep growth curve, which we expect to translate into at least €40 million in new investments in 2021.
Our team currently consists of 20 people. We are a happy and diverse mix of financial professionals, lawyers, marketers, designers, and developers from 9 different countries.
Currently, we are looking for:
Agile Project Manager
Lendahand creates an opportunity for people to create impact in emerging markets while earning a decent financial return. Through our crowdfunding platform, we are able to provide loans to non-bank financial institutions, fintechs, sustainable agriculture businesses and solartech companies in emerging markets all around the world. We’ve recently crossed the €100,000,000 in amount lent through our platforms.
We are proud to be part of the B Corp community, prioritising impact before anything else. We hire great people that will be able to contribute to our mission and positively add to this diverse group of people we call our team.
Lendahand is looking to hire an experienced Agile Project Manager that can help our teams to achieve a new level of Agile practices.
Your primary role would be to work closely with the development team and Product Owners of our various teams to support the delivery of new features to our crowdfunding platform and our back office application.
We consider this role to be a part of the development team. As such, you aid the development team with running scrum ceremonies such as Sprint planning and retrospectives. On the other side, you also support Product Owners with User Story writing and planning, introducing and educating teams to the Agile process and nurturing a culture of continuous improvement.
This role requires you to have a deep understanding of software development processes such as Test Driven-Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment.
Part-time (mininum of 24 hours a week) is an option.
- Support Product Owners with management of project scope, user story writing and planning.
- Ensure transparency and visibility of project progress, risks, blockers and releases.
- Help teams build realistic roadmaps for new features.
- Keep track of team velocity to help determine and manage release timelines and ensure the team is supported in a sustainable manner.
- Coordinate internal demos.
- Guide the development team through agile ceremonies such as stand-ups, demos, and retrospectives, backlog management (definition, estimation, prioritization) and release planning.
- Periodically review the Agile process and help us deliver a consistent, high quality stream of new functionality.
What you can offer us
- Multiple years overall agile project management experience leading projects through a full lifecycle.
- Comfortable with Agile project management tools. We use Gitlab and Monday.com, but experience with Jira or other tools is also valuable.
- Experience with mentoring and educating teams in various Agile methods (Scrum, Kanban, Lean) and can apply the appropriate one to the situation.
- Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD) principles.
- Deep understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment processes.
- Experience leading software development efforts across several in-house teams.
- A solid understanding of MVP and the iterative process.
- Some familiarity with crowdfunding, fintech or similar is ideal.
- You’re excited to help us achieve our mission of eliminating poverty.
What we can offer you
- Salary: we’re a small scale-up company with a big mission. At the moment we pay below market rates. As an indication, the CEO makes less than €70K. But we make up for it by offering you:
- Generous stock options, making the total compensation quite attractive
- A great office in the center of Rotterdam, with supplied lunch, unlimited coffee and lots of plants.
- Flexibility. We’d love to see you in our office a few days a week, but it’s not a necessity. We are all professionals that are part of an amazing journey and respect each other's way of getting things done. On average people spend 2 to 3 days at the office every week.
- An awesome and diverse team with many different backgrounds, skills and interests.
- Personal development budget.
- Pension scheme.
- Change the world, nothing less.
So, we’ve kept you hooked until this point and life as a Lendahand Agile Project Manager seems ideal for your next adventure? Perfect – we’d love to hear from you! Send over your resume and cover letter to email@example.com