Issuer: REDAVIA GmbH
Amount: 330,000 senior debt
Maturity: 18 months, semi-annually and linearly amortizing
Interest rate: 5.5% p.a.
This is a direct investment in a company (rather than lending to a financial institution) and therefore it is recommendable that you are careful with the amount you will invest.
REDAVIA is an industry leader in solar power. We provide solar farms to businesses and communities in West and East Africa. With a proven track record in cost-effective, reliable and clean energy, REDAVIA is committed to using solar energy as a key driver for sustainable development.
The innovative REDAVIA pay-as-you-go system consists of a pre-configured Unit containing solar modules and electrical components. Once the Unit is on-site, our REDAVIA-trained, local specialists manage the installation, operations and maintenance of each solar farm.
Our carbon neutral solution can be used to support existing power structures by supplementing the utility grid or on-site diesel generators. Through our flexible lease agreements with just a minimal upfront investment, our customers can reduce costs and increase their operational flexibility.
Watch the intro movie here
REDAVIA’s solar plants give commercial and industrial (C&I) companies in Ghana and Kenya access to clean and affordable energy. Freed cash from this repayment funding will flow into solar assets for seven further solar Units that have been committed. With a loan, REDAVIA will pre-finance, procure, import and install up-to solar Units into leases with (C&I) customers in Ghana and Kenya. To date, REDAVIA has installed 100 solar Units and operates them in line with Ghanaian and Kenyan regulations under lease-to-own contracts, with an average lease term of 12 years. REDAVIA is proud to continuously extend its portfolio of Leases during the COVID-19 crisis and contribute with low cost and clean power to its customers well-being, conserving cash, maintaining or restarting system-critical operations and retaining local employees such as with Methodist University College in Ghana. This loan will enable the companies to use up to 466 MWhs per year of clean energy, impacting a total of 400 employees and other stakeholders.
All funded Units follow REDAVIA’s standardized specifications of FTS-80GM, FTS-40CP, or FTS-60RM. 40-foot containers are packed with solar panels, prefabricated aluminium or steel frame structures, inverter systems and cabling to connect the panels to strings and to the inverters; the containers will then be shipped to Ghana and Kenya. Further cabling, concrete blocks and other local material is purchased locally and expedited to the customer site. Once the materials have arrived, the container is unpacked, and a solar plant is installed within 2 days.
REDAVIA expects to deploy around 5 MWp of solar capacity per year to leases in Ghana and Kenya for the next three years.
In Ghana to-date:
- REDAVIA has produced 4,400 MWhs of clean energy and each ground mount solar Unit adds p.a. 120 MWhs, carport Unit adds p.a. 60 MWhs, and roof mount Unit adds p.a. 95 MWhs.
- In total, this accumulates to 2,300 tons of CO2 abated with each solar Unit reducing another p.a. 55 tonnes of CO2 (FTS-40CP p.a. 27 tonnes, FTS-60RM p.a. 41 tonnes)
- REDAVIA’s customer portfolio in Ghana gives more than 20,000 workers and residents access to clean energy.
- REDAVIA’s customers not only own the solar equipment after the lease contract is complete, but also achieve > 5% of monthly savings on the energy delivered, i.e. an average of a hundred US Dollars per month per solar Unit of 85 kWp. Customers can reinvest these savings into their businesses for further growth.
- REDAVIA works with the Regional Maritime University to support RMU’s newly accredited ‘Renewable Energy Engineering’ curriculum, which aims to educate and prepare students for engineering jobs in the renewable sector, ensuring ongoing, sustainable development in Ghana, as well as contributing to the creation of jobs and wealth within the country.
- REDAVIA hired 10 local team members in Ghana and Kenya and trains them on a regular basis along with more than 20 contractors and suppliers.
Description of Vision & Mission:
Our vision is to be the global market leader of cost-effective, reliable lease-to-own solar power solutions for businesses and communities, reducing emissions by over 100k tonnes/year and providing clean electricity access to around 650k people by the end of 2021.
Highlights or Awards:
- Frost & Sullivan’s Best Practices Award 2014
Previous realized projects: https://www.redaviasolar.com/